[Samba] file server or member server?

Gaiseric Vandal gaiseric.vandal at gmail.com
Mon Jul 1 12:35:38 MDT 2013

I don't think it necessarily makes it a member a member server BUT if it
isn't a member server it is going to be pretty useless for serving profiles.

I have not worked with Samba4 myself-  I have worked with Samba 3 (and
Windows 200x AD , and NT4)  so you may want to review the samba 4
specific docn fir basic config.  In samba 3 a quick review of the
smb.conf file (or the output of "testparm -v"  will reveal the type of
setup.

Did you inherit these machines from someone else?