[Samba] migrating samba shares to a netapp filer?

Gregory Sloop gregs at sloop.net
Thu Jan 31 10:14:17 MST 2013

LO> Al 31/01/13 16:09, En/na John P Arends ha escrit:
>> If I were you I'd connect to both shares using a Windows machine and run robocopy to copy all the permissions.

LO> I thought about that but I'd prefer a Linux solution (if possible).

If you want the least hassle and all the permissions etc, than
Robocopy is your friend.

But if you'd like a bunch of drama getting the permissions back right, then I'm sure RSync will do ya. :)

Seriously though. Perhaps someone else has a better answer - but I've
done this before, and always the best and easiest way always comes
back to robocopy. [Perhaps I've led too sheltered a life, but hey, it
works and there's no real reason not to use it, IMO.]

-Greg