[Samba] Creating users via Perl Net::LDAP

Michael Ray mray at xes-inc.com
Mon Jan 28 15:08:28 MST 2013

Pablo-

I'm certainly no expert on the matter, but what comes to mind quickly: is the user account enabled? If it is enabled, is a password set?
It may be this simple, as I have just added a user to AD via the windows ldifde tool and he was defined as far as a CN and objectClass. When I look him up in the database, his objectSID, sAMAccountName/Type and everything else necessary is populated.
If I set a password and enable the account, I can log in as him.

The gist of this being, I think you ought to be able to create a user creation script.

Let me know how it goes too, I may end up trying to do something similar.

Good luck,
Mike Ray