[Samba] Samba3 File Server + Winbind -- AD Authentication Flaky/Inconsistent/Unreliable

Michael Ray mray at xes-inc.com
Mon Jan 28 14:52:49 MST 2013

Nico-

Sorry, should've realized more information was warranted.
Fortunately though, we managed to figure it out using a couple of different guides.
Amongst other things, I was missing a few key lines in the samba.conf file (specifically 'idmap config * : range' and 'template shell').

I'll try to be more diligent for future posts.

Thanks
Mike Ray