[Samba] two samba4 questions

ask-Q-view at gmx.net ask-Q-view at gmx.net
Sat Jan 26 09:40:32 MST 2013

Hi,

My Kernel/Filesystem supports per default 'user_xattr' and  'acl'.
The 'barrier=1' options isn't set but this shouldn't be the issue.

Sry. for the noob question but, how to set acl attributes for my shares with linux to work well for windows?
As a bonus question, how to set share access permissions for users, groups in samba4? Like in samba3 via smb.conf per share or different eg. via the windows remote tools only?

About the backup; Somewhere I read about a dedicated samba_backup tool but this seems to be gone in the current build?

Thank you + Best,

-------- Original-Nachricht --------