[Samba] How to debug SID problems

Knut Olav Bøhmer bohmer at gmail.com
Wed Jan 16 05:00:42 MST 2013

Hi,

Is there a tool to debug SIDs on a samba domain. To check that there
is no problems with SIDs on the samba server, windows client or user?

After an upgrade/reinstall of the samba server, I get an error message
on the windows client saying that the profile could not be synced,
when the user logs out.
There are probably a problem with the machine account or the users
SIDs. But I'm new to windows and samba so I find it dificult to
navigate through this windows mess.

Maybe there are some keys that should be deleted from the registry or
something like that?

Regards
--
Knut Olav Bøhmer