[Samba] cannot join an existing AD as either a RODC or DC w/ samba4

Mike Edwards pf-samba at mirkwood.net
Fri Jan 11 10:19:39 MST 2013

I'm stuck trying to figure out what the next step should be.  Any hints
on what I could try?

On Thu, Jan 10, 2013 at 04:53:59PM -0500, Mike Edwards babbled thus:
> I'm unable to have samba4 join an existing AD domain as either an RODC
> (preferrable) or merely a DC.
>
> AD domain is Win2k3, but we recently added a pair of Win2k8 DCs to it.
> Domain functional level is Win2k3.
>

> ### Adding samba4 as an RODC ###

*chomp*

> ### Adding samba4 as a DC ###

*chomp*

--

Mike Edwards                    |   If this email address disappears,
Unsolicited advertisments to    |   assume it was spammed to death.  To

"Our progress as a nation can be no swifter than our progress in education.
The human mind is our fundamental resource."
  -- John F. Kennedy