[Samba] Move from roaming to local profiles

Norberto Bensa nbensa+samba at gmail.com
Fri Jan 11 09:21:07 MST 2013

Hello,

first, I'm sorry for making you wait for so long. I had some personal
problems that required my attention.

On Fri, Jan 11, 2013 at 12:32 PM, Donny Brooks <dbrooks at mdah.state.ms.us> wrote:
> 1. Log in as user on old domain, verify stuff works
> 2. Log out and in as local administrator
> 3. Change from olddomain to newdomain, reboot

Ok

> 4. Log in as user on newdomain, creates new profile (obviously since it is a "new user")

Nope.

You should remain logged as administrator, change permissions on the
user folder to the user of the newdomain. Then, from regedit, load the
user registry and change its permissions.

> 5. Reboot to make sure profile is not locked and log in as local administrator

Yes.

Everything else is unnecessary, just login as the user in the new
domain and it should work.

HTH,
Norberto