[Samba] Samba 4 "Services for UNIX"?

Robert Moggach rob at dashing.tv
Tue Jan 8 13:33:07 MST 2013

yes as far as I can tell I have the SchemaMasterRole

[root at crawford ~]# samba-tool fsmo show
InfrastructureMasterRole owner: CN=NTDS
Settings,CN=CRAWFORD,CN=Servers,CN=MySite,CN=Sites,CN=Configuration,DC=mydomain
RidAllocationMasterRole owner: CN=NTDS
Settings,CN=CRAWFORD,CN=Servers,CN=MySite,CN=Sites,CN=Configuration,DC=mydomain
PdcEmulationMasterRole owner: CN=NTDS
Settings,CN=CRAWFORD,CN=Servers,CN=MySite,CN=Sites,CN=Configuration,DC=mydomain
DomainNamingMasterRole owner: CN=NTDS
Settings,CN=CRAWFORD,CN=Servers,CN=MySite,CN=Sites,CN=Configuration,DC=mydomain
SchemaMasterRole owner: CN=NTDS
Settings,CN=CRAWFORD,CN=Servers,CN=MySite,CN=Sites,CN=Configuration,DC=mydomain

When I try to seize I get the following:

[root at crawford ~]# samba-tool fsmo seize --role=all
Attempting transfer...
FSMO transfer of 'rid' role successful
ERROR: Failed to initiate role seize of 'rid' role: objectclass: modify
message must have elements/attributes!

[root at crawford ~]# samba-tool fsmo seize --role=schema
Attempting transfer...
FSMO transfer of 'schema' role successful
ERROR: Failed to initiate role seize of 'schema' role: objectclass: modify