[Samba] Samba 4 on AIX with XLC

Michael Wood esiotrot at gmail.com
Tue Jan 8 01:01:25 MST 2013

Hi

On 8 January 2013 08:57, Benjamin Huntsman
<BHuntsman at mail2.cu-portland.edu> wrote:

> >_(...) is how the localisation is done AFAIK.  i.e. it's for
> >translating messages into different languages.
> >
> >Maybe there's something wrong with internationalisation/localisation
> >(i18n/l10n) on the system?  See what the configure output says about
> >it (maybe gettext).
>
> Hi there!
>    Thanks so much for the response!  Very interesting idea.  But I'm not sure what I'd be looking for.  Is gettext required?  It's almost certainly no present, as this is a clean build of AIX just for this compile, and I've only been installing things on an as-needed basis...

It shouldn't be required.  Haven't compiled Samba in a while, so I
don't know the details, but try ./configure --help and see if there's
anything to do with nls/i18n/l10n/gettext.  Maybe --disable-nls.

> How would I check the configure output?

See if there's a config.log.  Look for things to do with "nls",
"i18n", "l10n", "gettext" etc.

Btw, I think OpenLDAP and "Active Directory support" are only relevant
to client/member support for AD.  The Samba 4.x AD server has its own
built-in LDAP and Kerberos components.

--
Michael Wood <esiotrot at gmail.com>