[Samba] Samba 4 on AIX with XLC

Benjamin Huntsman BHuntsman at mail2.cu-portland.edu
Mon Jan 7 23:57:29 MST 2013

>_(...) is how the localisation is done AFAIK.  i.e. it's for
>translating messages into different languages.
>
>Maybe there's something wrong with internationalisation/localisation
>(i18n/l10n) on the system?  See what the configure output says about
>it (maybe gettext).
>
>--
>Michael Wood <esiotrot at gmail.com>

Hi there!
   Thanks so much for the response!  Very interesting idea.  But I'm not sure what I'd be looking for.  Is gettext required?  It's almost certainly no present, as this is a clean build of AIX just for this compile, and I've only been installing things on an as-needed basis...

How would I check the configure output?

Many thanks!

-Ben