[Samba] Windows Authentication

samba.1231 at 9ox.net samba.1231 at 9ox.net
Tue Jan 1 12:36:23 MST 2013

Greetings Samba: I thought I knew something about servers and networks
but Samba has me stumped... I built a clean Fedora 17 server, disabled
the firewall and then  followed install instructions from
http://www.howtoforge.com/fedora-17-samba-standalone-server-with-tdbsam-backend.
When I try to connect I receive windows security (login) screen but no
mater what I do, I never connect. I am on the same network, have tried
verified my workgroups match, but do not see samba on the browser and
can not get map to drive to get past UID and PW.  I have tried host
name and IP address for domain portion.  Any suggestions on where to
look next?

Gerald