[Samba] Synchronising password of some AD users with an external LDAP?

Johan Johansson johan at capishe.se
Tue Feb 26 09:37:28 MST 2013

There is a way to sync passwords. It's not perfect but it works if you
can live with passwords stored as reversible encryption in samba4.

1. Allow clear text password by using samba-tools
2. Enable reversible encryption on each user (can be done with ms ad tool)
3. Make a query and use samba python lib to decode the attribute that
holds the password. I made a python script just for this that I use to
sync passwords to google apps.

The downside is that the passwords are in clear text but my network is
well secured so I'm fine with that. And the script has to run as a
daemon or in cron. But it works.

If you are interested I can share my script when I'm back at the office.

Skickat från min iPhone