[Samba] Unable to join domain, apparent DNS problem

Lee Allen lee at leecallen.com
Fri Feb 22 09:31:15 MST 2013

I did quite a bit more research on this.  Everything I read says an AD DNS
should automatically set up those entries.  I found a few trouble-shooting
documents that suggested checking them, but nothing indicating why they
might be wrong, and what to do about it.

I agree that tearing down the domain and re-building it from scratch is the
right approach.

In the meantime, I returned to my Samba4 project, and found an error I had
made on the client side.  5 minutes later my openindiana system
successfully joined my Samba4 domain.  So at the moment I don't have any
real interest in pursuing the Windows Server issue.

Thanks for your help.

Lee Allen