[Samba] Unable to join domain, apparent DNS problem

Thomas Simmons twsnnva at gmail.com
Fri Feb 22 09:34:13 MST 2013

I think he's seeing this with both S4 and WS2003 as a DC, so I don't know
that setting up the domain again will solve the problem. Provisioning a
domain on WS2003 (or S4 TBH) is a very simple process. It's hard to say
with such little info, but I'm guessing it's a client network configuration
- is the DC's IP configured for the primary DNS server?