[Samba] unique index violation on objectGUID, CN=Deleted Objects, DC=samdom, DC=domain

Ong Yu-Phing y_ong at usa.net
Sun Feb 3 18:54:35 MST 2013

Hi Andrew, I understand and appreciate that.  However, MS AD being MS
AD, things do screw up and now I have the situation where i have a set
of objects with the same objectGUID, albeit one set in the deleted
objects container, which according to MS will not be removed until 180
days (probably 170+ days now).

Is there no workaround to this, from the Samba side (or, for that fact,
from MS, although my and my sysadmins' research shows not, so far)?  My
experience with AD replication, especially with regional offices in
areas with poor internet connectivity, is that problems do occur quite
regularly, and it would be great if Samba is able to cope gracefully
with these situations.

Thanks.