[Samba] Samba4 as AD DC, with one anonymous read-only share

Jason Bailey jason.bailey at sunad.com
Tue Dec 17 18:27:08 MST 2013

Hello all,

I have several Samba4 DCs that host various production shares. I need
one share, however, available as a read-only guest share (anonymous)
that will be used as a software distribution share point. I have been
unable to make it work (the servers prompt me for a valid username and
password on that share).

I have done some googling and it seems that this functionality might be
broken at the moment (search results are almost a year old). I'm
wondering if any of you have run into a similar situation and have some
kind of solution.

Note that I am using the acl_xattr vfs module, but I am loading it only
on the read-write shares (defining it on a share by share basis), so I
would imagine that wouldn't be causing an issue with my anonymous share.

Thoughts? Help is appreciated.

--
Jason Bailey
Region IT/IS Manager