[Samba] Bulk smbcacls calls

Noel Power nopower at suse.com
Wed Dec 11 07:23:56 MST 2013

Hi Peter
On 11/12/13 12:01, Peter Flood wrote:
> Hi Noel
>
> Is there any documentation regarding the protocols used by smbcacls to
> get the raw acls and lookup the user/group ids? Eg how to make the raw
> requests (I'm not great with C)?
I guess there is, but... as yet I haven't had the need to dig any deeper
than the smbcacls source code, sorry abou that

> On 11/12/2013 11:15, Noel Power wrote:
>> Hi Peter
>> On 11/12/13 10:34, Peter Flood wrote:
[...]
>>> By doing it this way  we've found that we can process 200-300 files
>>> per second in our setup (approx 13,000 files, not sure how many
>>> directories).
>> so, if I run 'smbcacls --get -r --numeric' on the same test directory
>> (20,069 files in 2,842 directories) it finishes in ~30 seconds
> That's fast, I'd like to be able to do it at that speed.
I updated smbcacls to cache the sid translation, 'smbcacls -r --get'
finishes processing the test directory also in 30 sec.

http://cgit.freedesktop.org/~noelp/noelp-samba/log/?h=recursive-smbcacls
contains that change now too

regards,
Noel