[Samba] Howto for manage unix data with ADUC

Stéphane PURNELLE stephane.purnelle at corman.be
Tue Dec 10 09:40:36 MST 2013

Hi,

My tests on DC server and File/print server have some problem with account
management...

user access right on home share is very strange.
 if we use ADUC and home share (not homes) for new user, it work.

All howto in samba's wiki ask administrator to use windows tools for
manage users and groups and share like home share

so... I know that is possible to add unix tab on aduc (already done).
adding and view unix data is OK, but my question is what must file I must
add to samba for NIS server (for example) and where can I configure xID
range ?

I know that there are some peoples here who have this view with ADUC (if
aduc do like that... samba-tool must do in same way)  :-))

So anyone have a good howto ?
If samba team want to have the same view for management, a howto about
aduc, rsat, unix tab ans nis server become a good think for me...

anyone for write a howto ?
thx

        Stéphane Purnelle