[Samba] can I let all winbindd processes accept connections like nginx does

小德 forumxx at foxmail.com
Tue Dec 10 05:15:15 MST 2013

Hi list,

My network is unstable, if I sent this mail several times, I'm sorry.

I'm using samba3.6.12.
I find that seems only the parent winbindd process can accept connections, and it dispatches connections to his child.
besides it only dispatches connections to the completely idle child(find_idle_child).

AFAIK, nginx lets all its processes to accept connections, so it has a good performance.
I'm wondering can I modify some winbindd code to let all winbindd processes to accept connections and then handles the request.
If it is possible, I think I can get a better performance winbindd.

I want to do this because I'm doing NTLM authentication using winbindd and I found winbindd's performance doesn't meet my requirement.
I expect more than 1000 authentication transaction per second.

so, can anybody give me some guide on this and tell me whether my plan is practicable.

Thanks! really appreciate any help!

Tom.