[Samba] What in samba 4.1 prevents a '/' share?

David C. Rankin drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com
Fri Dec 6 14:57:07 MST 2013

On 12/06/2013 12:26 PM, Andrew Bartlett wrote:
> What makes you think it's about /?
>
> Can you connect to other shares?  If so, then turn up the Samba log
> level until you see a difference in the log.smbd or log.$CLIENT between
> the success and failure case, and send me that log (presumably in
> private).
>
> Andrew Bartlett

  I still don't know what is going on with my posts to lists.samba.org. I
replied here hours ago that it is definitely '/' because every other share
mounts normally. (hopefully I didn't direct-reply to you, if so, I apologize)
list.gremlins....

  Regardless, I have a level 10 debug for you as well as a complete testparm. I
attempted to read through the logs (contained in the tar.bz2), but I cannot
decipher whet it is telling me. The links are:

http://www.rlfpllc.com/dl/srv/smb/192.168.7.124.tar.bz2
http://www.rlfpllc.com/dl/srv/smb/testparm.txt

  Contained in the tar.bz2 are the log files showing client access from host
'providence' (192.168.7.124):

192.168.7.124.log
192.168.7.124.log.old

  I believe the .log is for the time after the level 10 restart and the .log.old
is for the session immediately prior. Let me know if they identify the issue and
don't hesitate to ask for anything else you need. I'm a reliable monkey behind
the keyboard on this end. And... yes... I gave up drinking in a tty long ago ;-)

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.