[Samba] Samba 4 DNS name Planing

James Cort james.cort at bediwin.co.uk
Wed Dec 4 03:45:51 MST 2013

That refers to Server 2003 - ISTR Autodiscover (introduced with Exchange 2007) breaks much of that advice because it relies on valid SSL certificates.

This is from Microsoft’s own external wiki, but more-or-less tallies with my understanding:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/17974.active-directory-domain-naming-considerations.aspx

--
Eckland-Cort Ltd T/A Bediwin Information Services
Registered in England and Wales, no. 02598654

Our Managed Workstation service deals with antivirus, backup and updates for just £5.00/month!
http://www.bediwin.co.uk/services/managed-workstations