[Samba] objectClass:posixAccount missing

steve steve at steve-ss.com
Sat Aug 31 07:23:58 MDT 2013

On Sat, 2013-08-31 at 11:47 +0200, Marc Muehlfeld wrote:

> Am 31.08.2013 00:14, schrieb Luca Olivetti:
> > I'm not still 100% convinced that I need to migrate from samba 3 to
> > samba 4, and once I am I have to explain it to my boss.
>

> Samba 4 != AD only

Hi
I think the OP realises that. His main concern and problem was the usual
confusion with winbind and the mystery surrounding rfc2307 and it's
representation in and out of of AD.

In this thread, we've thrashed the merits of winbind, nslcd and sssd to
hell and soon thanks to your good self, we'll have readable howtos on
all three. Let's see if that serves to relieve the never ending series
of posts highlighting the lack of reliable, up to date and dare I say it
plain English and readable explanations of at least how to get started.

I feel we've made progress. Next time a winbind problem gets posted,
we'll be able to refer to 3 democratically produced howtos. Thanks to
Marc for listening to us and inviting us in on hos howtos, Luca his
patience in hearing us out 'till EOT and to Rowland for keeping me sane.
OpenSource at it's best.
Cheers,
Steve