[Samba] Samba Winbind and NTLM

Dan Bateman danofthebateman at gmail.com
Wed Aug 28 09:14:09 MDT 2013

Hi,

I have a setup where two Domain's exist. 1 domain is in a DMZ and the other
on an internal network. Both running Window 2003 R2. They have an external
NTLM trust setup between them, from DMZ to Internal.

Linux clients in the DMZ are joined to the DMZ AD. I'm trying to get the
Linux clients to authenticate users that exist on the internal AD Domain,
but it is failing. When attempting to auth users as INT\username it is
trying to connect to the INT server but can't as it's in the DMZ. Is there
a way to force clients to negotiate the NTLM trust and avoid attempting to
connect to the INT server? I.e using the DMZ server to pass through the
authentication? Or setup some sort of NTLM auth?

Windows clients appear to do this without issue.
Thanks,
Dan.