[Samba] OpenSSH auth in SAMBA4 LDAP

Marc Muehlfeld samba at marc-muehlfeld.de
Mon Aug 26 17:11:20 MDT 2013

Am 27.08.2013 00:56, schrieb Luca Olivetti:
> ..when I tried to add a user via ADUC I couldn't see it with nslcd.
> Maybe I didn't really use ADUC? (dsa.msc)

Do the users have posix attributes (uid, shell, etc.)?

I published my nslcd HowTo some hours ago. Have a look on it. Maybe you
missed something.

https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Local_user_management_and_authentication/nslcd

>>> Another nice thing is that I
>>> could script the creation of home directory, mailbox, etc.
>>> I though that samba 4 allowed me to do the same, but with windows
>>> administrative client (ADUC?)
>>
>> Maybe this can be a solution for you:
>> https://lists.samba.org/archive/samba/2013-July/174252.html
>
> Mmh, I don't think so. Is that the only option? Isn't there a way to
> hook a script in samba 4 when a user is created?

I'm not 100% sure. But I think there's no "user created" event you can
hook into with an script.

Regards,
Marc