[Samba] OpenSSH auth in SAMBA4 LDAP

Marc Muehlfeld samba at marc-muehlfeld.de
Mon Aug 26 17:03:12 MDT 2013

Am 27.08.2013 00:28, schrieb Luca Olivetti:
> I tried ADUC (again, in a test VM joined to the domain), which could be
> suitable, but I couldn't see any unix tab (and if I have to manually
> assign uids/gids there it's not an option).

In ADUC on Win7 the tab should be there (on XP you need to install
something additionally if I remember right). But you can only choose the
NIS domain in that tab, if your domain was provisioned/upgraded with the
--use-rfc2307 parameter. Otherwise the required parts in AD were not
created.

I had added this parameter to the provisioning/upgrading commands on the
Wiki pages some time ago, because I'm not sure how to add this things
afterwards (and I think if it's possible, it's not that easy than just
this one parameter).

Does anybody know if this posix stuff can be added afterwards? Not just
simply adding an attribute. I mean the whole thing, like the
cn=ypServ30,cn=RpcServices,cn=System,...

Regards,
Marc