[Samba] [Announce] CTDB 2.4 available for download
amitay at gmail.com
Thu Aug 22 22:11:29 MDT 2013
Changes in CTDB 2.4
* A missing network interface now causes monitoring to fail and the
node to become unhealthy.
* Changed ctdb command's default control timeout from 3s to 10s.
* debug-hung-script.sh now includes the output of "ctdb scriptstatus"
to provide more information.
Important bug fixes
* Starting CTDB daemon by running ctdbd directly should not remove
existing unix socket unconditionally.
* ctdbd once again successfully kills client processes on releasing
public IPs. It was checking for them as tracked child processes
and not finding them, so wasn't killing them.
* ctdbd_wrapper now exports CTDB_SOCKET so that child processes of
ctdbd (such as uses of ctdb in eventscripts) use the correct socket.
* Always use Jenkins hash when creating volatile databases. There
were a few places where TDBs would be attached with the wrong flags.
* Vacuuming code fixes in CTDB 2.2 introduced bugs in the new code
which led to header corruption for empty records. This resulted
in inconsistent headers on two nodes and a request for such a record
keeps bouncing between nodes indefinitely and logs "High hopcount"
messages in the log. This also caused performance degradation.
* ctdbd was losing log messages at shutdown because they weren't being
given time to flush. ctdbd now sleeps for a second during shutdown
to allow time to flush log messages.
* Improved socket handling introduced in CTDB 2.2 caused ctdbd to
process a large number of packets available on single FD before
polling other FDs. Use fixed size queue buffers to allow fair
scheduling across multiple FDs.
Important internal changes
* A node that fails to take/release multiple IPs will only incur a
single banning credit. This makes a brief failure less likely to
cause node to be banned.
* ctdb killtcp has been changed to read connections from stdin and
10.interface now uses this feature to improve the time taken to kill
* Improvements to hot records statistics in ctdb dbstatistics.
* Recovery daemon now assembles up-to-date node flags information
from remote nodes before checking if any flags are inconsistent and
forcing a recovery.
* ctdbd no longer creates multiple lock sub-processes for the same
key. This reduces the number of lock sub-processes substantially.
* Changed the nfsd RPC check failure policy to failover quickly
instead of trying to repair a node first by restarting NFS. Such
restarts would often hang if the cause of the RPC check failure was
the cluster filesystem or storage.
* Logging improvements relating to high hopcounts and sticky records.
* Make sure lower level tdb messages are logged correctly.
* CTDB commands disable/enable/stop/continue are now resilient to
individual control failures and retry in case of failures.
Reporting bugs & Development Discussion
Please discuss this release on the samba-technical mailing list or by
joining the #ctdb IRC channel on irc.freenode.net.
All bug reports should be filed under CTDB product in the project's
Bugzilla database (https://bugzilla.samba.org/).
The source code can be downloaded from:
http://git.samba.org/?p=ctdb.git;a=summary (Git via web)
More information about the samba