[Samba] unix password sync

George jorgito1412 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 22 16:41:47 MDT 2013

If you configure Samba4 as a AD DC or member server, there is not need for
Unix users to be created at all since the user database is stored on the AD
itself and not in passwd or similar. You can even allow AD users to access
the Unix machine, create home directories on the fly and many other things
by properly configuring winbind and PAM.

BTW, I was using the "unix password sync" option in Samba3 until a couple
of months ago, without hassle.

Best regards.