[Samba] Trouble shooting a SAMBA 4 installation

Andres Tarallo atarallo at acm.org
Wed Aug 21 20:17:54 MDT 2013

Hi,

A few days ago, we did a SAMBA 4 installation, intended to work as a DC. We
followed the "Samba AD DC Howto".

We runed samba-tool, with parameters:
 " domain provision --use-rfc2307 --interactive". We put as REALM "COMPANY"
and as domain "COMPANY.LOCAL". Other options we used the suggested defaults.

If we query DNS with the following query it success:

host -t SRV _ldap._tcp.COMPANY.
host -t A samba4.COMPANY.

if we query for COMPANY.LOCAL the query fails. We tried the same querys in
a working Windows AD DC an we get the results described in the Howto.

Any help is appreciated

Andrés