[Samba] [samba]How to config samba4 internal dns?

Marc Muehlfeld samba at marc-muehlfeld.de
Thu Aug 22 11:03:14 MDT 2013

Hello,

Am 22.08.2013 12:30, schrieb Sense Zeng:
> There are two DC in the domain:
> 1. win2003. It's created dotest.com <http://dotest.com> and with dns
> server too;
> 2. linux with samba4. It join the domain and being a DC.
>
> I can't use samba-tool to query any thing in the internal dns, like:
>
>      samba-tool dns query samba_ip dotest.com <http://dotest.com> testhost A
>
> It will print error message:
>
> ERROR(runtime): uncaught exception - (9717, 'WERR_DNS_ERROR_DS_UNAVAILABLE')
>    File
> "/usr/local/samba/lib/python2.7/site-packages/samba/netcmd/__init__.py",
> line 175, in _run
>      return self.run(*args, **kwargs)
>    File
> "/usr/local/samba/lib/python2.7/site-packages/samba/netcmd/dns.py", line
> 974, in run
>      None, record_type, select_flags, None, None)
>
> And in /usr/local/samba/var/log.samba will see the error (There are no
> other err in the log file):
>
> [2013/08/22 17:50:24.165606,  0]
> ../source4/rpc_server/dnsserver/dnsdb.c:112(dnsserver_db_enumerate_zones)
>    dnsserver: Failed to find DNS Zones in
> CN=MicrosoftDNS,DC=ForestDnsZones,DC=dotest,DC=com

Does the replication between the DCs work? What is the output of
# samba-tool drs showrepl

Are you sure, that the internal DNS was used during joining?
# samba-tool domain join ... --dns-backend=SAMBA_INTERNAL

> But the other way, follow command would just ok:
>
>      samba-tool dns query win2003_srv_ip dotest.com <http://dotest.com>
> testhost A

Here you are asking the DNS on the windows host to resolve the query.
Not your samba DC and it's DNS

> OR
>
>      host -t A testhost.dotest.com <http://testhost.dotest.com> samba_srv_ip

Could it be possible that the output of this command is ok, because you
specified other DNS servers in your /etc/resolv.conf, than the one on
which you setup the additional DC? Then the reply was from the other host.

Regards,
Marc