[Samba] [samba]How to config samba4 internal dns?

Sense Zeng opaperjam at gmail.com
Thu Aug 22 04:30:48 MDT 2013

Thanks for the reply. I think there are something wrong in my dns record

Samba version: 4.0.9 (just upgrade)
domain name: dotest.com

There are two DC in the domain:
1. win2003. It's created dotest.com and with dns server too;
2. linux with samba4. It join the domain and being a DC.

I can't use samba-tool to query any thing in the internal dns, like:

    samba-tool dns query samba_ip dotest.com testhost A

It will print error message:

ERROR(runtime): uncaught exception - (9717, 'WERR_DNS_ERROR_DS_UNAVAILABLE')
  File
"/usr/local/samba/lib/python2.7/site-packages/samba/netcmd/__init__.py",
line 175, in _run
    return self.run(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/local/samba/lib/python2.7/site-packages/samba/netcmd/dns.py",
line 974, in run
    None, record_type, select_flags, None, None)

And in /usr/local/samba/var/log.samba will see the error (There are no
other err in the log file):

[2013/08/22 17:50:24.165606,  0]
../source4/rpc_server/dnsserver/dnsdb.c:112(dnsserver_db_enumerate_zones)
  dnsserver: Failed to find DNS Zones in
CN=MicrosoftDNS,DC=ForestDnsZones,DC=dotest,DC=com

But the other way, follow command would just ok:

    samba-tool dns query win2003_srv_ip dotest.com testhost A

OR

    host -t A testhost.dotest.com samba_srv_ip

What should I do?