[Samba] Samba4 + Winbind + PAM Installation/Configuration

Andreas Krupp andreaskrupp at akrupp.ch
Sun Aug 18 08:38:04 MDT 2013

Hi,

I have not set any home var yet in my smb.conf.
If you're asking for that, I am probably missing a lot of important parameters.
Below my smb.conf for the moment:

# Global parameters
[global]
        workgroup = MYDOMAIN
        realm = MYDOMAIN.HOME
        netbios name = DC
        dns forwarder = 10.33.66.99
        template shell = /bin/bash
        wins support = yes

[netlogon]
        path = /usr/local/samba/var/locks/sysvol/mydomain.home/scripts
        read only = No

[sysvol]
        read only = No

Otherwise I checked for all the lines during "./configure" that mention "not found"... I have more than 100 of these. Is that normal?
Among the things missing are e.g. ldap, pam_start, NFS QUOTAS, and lots of other stuff... I tried to follow the list of packages to install on the Samba4 Wiki for CentOS but it seems, that is not really enough, is it?

Cheers & best,
Andreas

*On 16 August 2013 08:37, Daniel Müller  has written: *