[Samba] Samba4 + Winbind + PAM Installation/Configuration

Thiago Fernandes Crepaldi tognado at gmail.com
Sun Aug 18 09:36:46 MDT 2013

I am justs tarting o samba too, but I think it is normal to have lots of
"not found". You have to pay attention for the features you want, though.

You might need libpam0g-dev package for PAM support  (At least that is the
one for Debian) and you can also consider libacl-dev for ACL support
(changing permissions for a share on windows, for example)

On Sun, Aug 18, 2013 at 11:38 AM, Andreas Krupp <andreaskrupp at akrupp.ch>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have not set any home var yet in my smb.conf.
> If you're asking for that, I am probably missing a lot of important
> parameters.
> Below my smb.conf for the moment:
>
> # Global parameters
> [global]
>         workgroup = MYDOMAIN
>         realm = MYDOMAIN.HOME
>         netbios name = DC
>         server role = active directory domain controller
>         dns forwarder = 10.33.66.99
>         template shell = /bin/bash
>         wins support = yes
>
> [netlogon]
>         path = /usr/local/samba/var/locks/sysvol/mydomain.home/scripts
>         read only = No
>
> [sysvol]
>         path = /usr/local/samba/var/locks/sysvol
>         read only = No
>

> Otherwise I checked for all the lines during "./configure" that mention
> "not found"... I have more than 100 of these. Is that normal?
> Among the things missing are e.g. ldap, pam_start, NFS QUOTAS, and lots of
> other stuff... I tried to follow the list of packages to install on the
> Samba4 Wiki for CentOS but it seems, that is not really enough, is it?
>
> Cheers & best,
> Andreas
>
> *On 16 August 2013 08:37, Daniel Müller  has written: *
>
> --

Thiago Fernandes Crepaldi (aka Crepaldi)