[Samba] FW: Samba4 + Winbind + PAM Installation/Configuration

Andreas Krupp andreaskrupp at akrupp.ch
Thu Aug 15 11:05:42 MDT 2013

Hello,

The steps so far worked:
1) get all of pam installed via "yum install pam*"
2) Then recompile samba with "./configure.developer" followed by "make" and
"make install"
3) Restarted Samba... and great stuff, my domain controller, settings and
users are still there! This is awesome by the way!
4) linked the pam_winbind.so with " ln -s
/usr/local/samba/lib/security/pam_winbind.so /lib/security"
5) Edited /etc/pam.d/system-auth and added the entries as described in the
wiki (http://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Samba4/Winbind)

All the tests but 1 are fine:
Wbinfo -p (Ok)
Wbinfo -u (Ok)
Getent passwd (Ok)
Id [User] (Ok)
Ssh [user]@localhost (Fails) --> Permission denied, please try again

I tried with the Administrator Account and a normal user account, both fail
in the same way.

Any ideas?
Cheers & thx,
Andreas