[Samba] Samba4 + Winbind + PAM Installation/Configuration

Andreas Krupp andreaskrupp at akrupp.ch
Thu Aug 15 06:17:36 MDT 2013

Hello Daniel,

Thx a lot for the quick reply.
Actually I did all these steps already and the tests that you proposed and
that are documented on the wiki are working fine.
http://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Samba4/Winbind

It is the next section "Using pam_winbind" that I cannot get to work.
My goal is that I can log on to the linux box with an AD Account, or run a
service with an AD account or connect via SSH with an AD account.

So where I am stuck is:
-> I do not know which pam files to edit under CentOS
-> and it seems that I do not have "pam_winbind.so" installed/compiled with
Samba4.1rc2

On the wiki it says:
"Ensure that you built Samba 4 with libpam0g-dev installed on your system.
If not, install the PAM development libraries and re-compile Samba 4 from
the ./configure.developer stage. Install pam_winbind.so in the usual place:"
... and I cannot make much sense out of that.
Is pam-devel = libpam0g-dev?

Would you know the difference between "./configure" and
"./configure.developer"?

Cheers & thx,
Andreas