[Samba] Options for paid Samba (4) support

Mark Fox mark.fox at ecacs16.ab.ca
Wed Aug 14 09:55:05 MDT 2013

Hi,

After years of Samba 3 working great, we are trying to move a testing Samba
4 AD system into production and have been making progress, but keep hitting
show stoppers. (For example, roaming profiles with redirected folders
usually work for most users. However, some users consistently can't see
their profile on some machines, despite the profile and redirected folders
looking fine on the server.)

It occurred to me that after setting up a Samba 4 environment so many
times, we can now do it in minutes. I'm sure if the right person were
looking over our shoulder, they would spot our mistake. But a little
Googling hasn't turned up any options to buy that person's time.

The link to the support website (http://www.samba.org/samba/support.html)
in the Samba Guide is broken.

Surely, there must be some options to buy support. I must be looking in the
wrong place. I'd love to throw some money at the Samba community, and am in
a position to do so, but can't just donate... For that matter, I can't find
a place where I could donate either.

Mark