[Samba] Speed differences for windows clients

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Tue Aug 13 08:06:58 MDT 2013

can be several things for explain the difference.

1) fragmentation.
2) testfile is on server 1 at the beginning of the disk, second server at the end.
3) is the hardware the same, if not, maybe the server nic drivers is better of server 1.
4) are the harddisk the same ? speed (rpm) , throughput? , size?

just some things to consider.