[Samba] samba4 + winbind did not work

Marc Muehlfeld samba at marc-muehlfeld.de
Mon Aug 12 14:50:27 MDT 2013

Am 12.08.2013 22:40, schrieb Darek Frączkiewicz:
>     If you require to have the Samba AD accounts local on your Samba DC
>     (not on a member server), then the winbind configuration may be a
>     bit different (haven't done that yet). But you can use nslcd (adapt
>     the config from here:
>     http://wiki.samba.org/index.__php/Authenticating_other___services_against_AD#Nslcd:___User.2FGroups_from_AD_through___openLDAP_proxy
>     <http://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Authenticating_other_services_against_AD#Nslcd:_User.2FGroups_from_AD_through_openLDAP_proxy>)
>     or sssd (if you google, there are some configuration examples for
>     setting up sssd with AD).
>

> in this howto i'm reading : *Use the following slapd.conf example*:
> I remember new openldap has not file slapd.conf

I'm running the version shipped with RHL 6.4. This works fine with the
slapd.conf. Haven't tried the latest version and I don't know if
something changed there. What version of openldap do you use? And what
does the manpage says?

> I found about sssd:
> http://debian.2.n7.nabble.com/Fwd-Samba4-and-SSSD-td2793432.html
>
> The easiest way to get Linux clients to work with samba4 is to start by
> creating an unprivileged "binduser" account.
> "samba-tool user add binduser" will do that for you.
>
> Then *on the client side*, install sssd (apt-get install sssd) and write
> something like that in /etc/sssd/sssd.conf:
>

> I think it doesn't work

Why?

I haven't tried sssd yet. But if you reply to the list and not just to
my mail address, others could help you, too. :-)

Steve often recommends sssd. When I remember right, he already posted a
few times configuration examples to the list. You can google for that.

Regards,
Marc