[Samba] samba4 + winbind did not work

Marc Muehlfeld samba at marc-muehlfeld.de
Mon Aug 12 14:39:21 MDT 2013

Am 12.08.2013 22:04, schrieb Darek Frączkiewicz:
> I'm testing samba4 (with
> https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Samba_AD_DC_HOWTO) since one year and
> this config: debian + samba4 +bind9+dhcp+ntp+LAMP gives me domain,
> joining workstations, menage users   and  GPO. All works good. In this
> howto I don't see anything about config winbind.

This HowTo was written just as a guide for setting up a member server,
not for setting up winbind on top of a DC.

>     If you require to have the Samba AD accounts local on your Samba DC
>     (not on a member server), then the winbind configuration may be a
>     bit different (haven't done that yet). But you can use nslcd (adapt
>     the config from here:
>     http://wiki.samba.org/index.__php/Authenticating_other___services_against_AD#Nslcd:___User.2FGroups_from_AD_through___openLDAP_proxy
>     <http://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Authenticating_other_services_against_AD#Nslcd:_User.2FGroups_from_AD_through_openLDAP_proxy>)
>     or sssd (if you google, there are some configuration examples for
>     setting up sssd with AD).

As you have just a single DC, nslcd, sssd or winbind is what you should
try. I haven't tried sssd, but as I heard a lot from others here on the
list, it would be currently a good choice for that. But use a recent
version.

I already planed about writing a new HowTo about the three daemons, but
currently doesn't had the time for it. But it's still on my list.

Regards
Marc