[Samba] Debian Package Updates

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Thu Aug 8 07:31:27 MDT 2013

To give a light on sernet samba.

Im using sernet samba, debian samba and ubuntu samba and backports samba.
... yes. i know... but it still works very good.

The debian stable is preffered for me also, but..
i found some bugs in the squeeze samba (3.5.6) a while ago and switch to a backported version. 3.6.6 fixed the bug found in 3.5.6,
but found some funny things there also, so i added as test sernet samba on a debian server and no problems for now.
after that i added an ubuntu server ( 12.04 ) and added sernet samba 4.

environment atm is debian sqeeze and wheezy and ubuntu 12.04 LTS . Samba 3.6.x and added samba 4.
im in process of upgrading from NT domain to AD.

and as far as i know some samba developers are working at sernet, correct me if im wrong.
So for the "official", this is the best you can get.
i my opinion if your impatient.

Best regards,

Louis