[Samba] Debian Package Updates

Harry Jede walk2sun at arcor.de
Thu Aug 8 03:45:18 MDT 2013

On 11:32:37 wrote Gémes Géza:

> >> So the new packages have now made it into experimental
> >> http://packages.qa.debian.org/s/samba/news/20130806T230018Z.html
> >>
> >> However, it isn't obvious what the upgrade step(s) should be from
> >> an existing `samba4` install to these packages. They don't appear
> >> to have specified Conflicts/Replaces with the samba4 packages,
> >> and it appears like a `sudo apt-get install -t experimental
> >> samba` would be partially installing alongside the existing
> >> samba4 binaries?
> >
> > We do have conflicts/Replaces set, and when the bulk of the
> > packaging work was done this was tested upgrading from both.  From
> > here, the best approach would be to tell us what errors you get,
> > and we can add some more as required.
> >
> > Andrew Bartlett
>
> Unfortunately
> http://packages.debian.org/search?keywords=samba&searchon=sourcenames
> &suite=experimental&section=all still shows samba4 (4.0.3+dfsg1-0.1).

That is OK.
Package name has changed from samba4 to samba. Compare these:

http://packages.qa.debian.org/s/samba.html
http://packages.qa.debian.org/s/samba4.html

At least wait two days :-( . Debian QA is quite complex and need some
time.

Package maintainers may fix lintian errors.

--

Regards
	Harry Jede