[Samba] Debian Package Updates

Dominic Evans oldmanuk at gmail.com
Thu Aug 8 02:19:26 MDT 2013

On 8 August 2013 01:11, Andrew Bartlett <abartlet at samba.org> wrote:
> On Wed, 2013-08-07 at 17:58 +0100, Dominic Evans wrote:
>> So the new packages have now made it into experimental
>> http://packages.qa.debian.org/s/samba/news/20130806T230018Z.html
>>
>> However, it isn't obvious what the upgrade step(s) should be from an
>> existing `samba4` install to these packages. They don't appear to have
>> specified Conflicts/Replaces with the samba4 packages, and it appears
>> like a `sudo apt-get install -t experimental samba` would be partially
>> installing alongside the existing samba4 binaries?
>
> We do have conflicts/Replaces set, and when the bulk of the packaging
> work was done this was tested upgrading from both.  From here, the best
> approach would be to tell us what errors you get, and we can add some
> more as required.

I think perhaps I was just a little too early, and the full set of
packages hadn't made it onto my debian archive mirror yet, so the
upgrade was a partial one.

When I try again this morning I correctly see:

The following packages will be REMOVED:
  samba4 samba4-clients samba4-common-bin
  libnetapi0 libsmbd0 samba samba-tools
  libnih-dbus1 libnih1 libsamba-hostconfig0 libsamba-util0
libsmbclient libwbclient0 locales python-samba samba-common smbclient