[Samba] Samba 4 as member server

steve steve at steve-ss.com
Tue Aug 6 09:13:00 MDT 2013

On Tue, 2013-08-06 at 14:34 +0200, Klaus Rörig wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I set up s3 on the fileserver now but I cannot connect to my share.
>
> 'wbinfo -u' lists all user
> 'wbinfo-g' lists all groups
>
> getent also list the queried user.
>
> But when I try to connect from Win7 to my s3 share, it asks for creds
> but does not accept any. I cannot see any log entries.
>
> What's wrong now?

Hi
Too general without knowing a bit more:
Who is logged in on the Win7 box?
Is the Win7 box joined to the domain?
What are the permissions on /srv and /srv/share?
Can the user access the share if logged in on the file server?
Can the user access the share using smbclient?
Does the share appear as a folder in explorer?
What does the windows security tab give for the share?

Steve