[Samba] Managing a Samba4 AD DC using a Win7 workstation

Emmanuel Lesouef e.lesouef at crbn.fr
Thu Aug 1 08:00:25 MDT 2013

Hello,

I just installed Samba4 using the following doc :

http://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Samba_AD_DC_HOWTO

Everything works Ok. All tests are Ok.

Now, I would like to manage it from a remote Windows7 Virtualbox
workstation.

For that, I followed the following doc :

http://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Samba_AD_management_from_windows

I installed the RSAT component but when trying to connect the Server
Manager to my Samba4 AD DC, I get an error message saying the client
could not connect to the server.

I did some tcpdumps and what strikes me is that the Win7 tries to
connect to the Samba4 DC on port 5985. But I don't have any samba
processes listening on tcp port 5985.

What can be the root cause of this issue ?

Thanks for your help.

--
Emmanuel Lesouef
CRBN/DSI/SITI