[Samba] Samba4 home share problem

steve steve at steve-ss.com
Tue Apr 30 06:58:44 MDT 2013

On 30/04/13 14:32, Ricky Nance wrote:
> So for the homes (Yes HOMES not HOME) share to work you need winbind
> functioning (not necessarily pam auth, but at least winbind). You can
> follow http://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Samba4/Winbind ... If I get some
> time today I will write up some sharing stuff in the S4 howto. You will
> also need to add under [global] template homedir = /home/%U (if you want
> /home/username to work, it defaults to /home/DOMAIN/USERNAME or template
> homedir = /home/%D/%U )
>

> Ricky
@Ricky. Maybe you could you include information about being able to have
whatever home directory you like by pulling unixHomeDirectory? It
overcomes the restriction of the smb.conf template. I don't think the DC
winbind does this yet so include a health warning too? Maybe this would
be a good place to link out to:
https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Samba4/Domain_Member
since the s4 howto seems to cater only for the DC (if it's the howto I
think you have in mind)
Cheers,
Steve