[Samba] Samba4 home share problem

Ricky Nance ricky.nance at gmail.com
Tue Apr 30 06:32:08 MDT 2013

So for the homes (Yes HOMES not HOME) share to work you need winbind
functioning (not necessarily pam auth, but at least winbind). You can
follow http://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Samba4/Winbind ... If I get some
time today I will write up some sharing stuff in the S4 howto. You will
also need to add under [global] template homedir = /home/%U (if you want
/home/username to work, it defaults to /home/DOMAIN/USERNAME or template
homedir = /home/%D/%U )

Ricky