[Samba] ClassicUpgrade => EpicFail

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Mon Apr 8 17:21:06 MDT 2013

On Mon, 2013-04-08 at 13:21 -0500, Jon Detert wrote:
> [...]

Probably not, but if you have nothing else to loose, please try current
master.

> > Eventually, we will either to improve the import of the DB for your
> > particular issue, either to accept it (possibly fixing it along the
> > way)
> > or more clearly rejecting it with a proper explanation.
>
> That would be great.  In the mean-time, is there nothing for me to do but
> wait?  Can someone give a list of common data problems to look for and fix?
> I.e. I've already resolved user/group name overlaps.  You listed 2 other
> common probs (duplicate SIDs; accounts flagged as both user and machine
> accounts).  Any tips on how to detect those problems?
> In other words, it might be faster for me to resolve my data problems than
> to wait for updated code.

If those problems were present, then it would have failed much earlier
than this.

At this stage we need to work out which SID is failing to convert, and
then look at the uidNumber or gidNumber records on that record.

Inserting some print statements into the python scripts would be the
best place to start, if you are comfortable with that.

Andrew Bartlett