[Samba] ClassicUpgrade => EpicFail

Jon Detert jdetert at infinityhealthcare.com
Mon Apr 8 12:21:00 MDT 2013

----- Original Message -----

Understood.  I think you were clear.  My problem is that I have no idea how
to proceed.

-- snip --

> In any case, from here the next debugging step would be to run with
> git
> master or v4-0-test, as I included some idmap patches there that
> didn't
> make 4.0.4.

I already tried the git master (as of March 18th) as well as the v4-0-test
(as of March 4th).  Are you saying I should try a more recent snapshot of those
git projects?

> Eventually, we will either to improve the import of the DB for your
> particular issue, either to accept it (possibly fixing it along the
> way)
> or more clearly rejecting it with a proper explanation.

That would be great.  In the mean-time, is there nothing for me to do but
wait?  Can someone give a list of common data problems to look for and fix?
I.e. I've already resolved user/group name overlaps.  You listed 2 other
common probs (duplicate SIDs; accounts flagged as both user and machine
accounts).  Any tips on how to detect those problems?
In other words, it might be faster for me to resolve my data problems than
to wait for updated code.

Thanks,

Jon