[Samba] Desperate plea for help with printer share

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Wed Apr 3 00:56:23 MDT 2013

Hai,

But what do you want? how is it to be used.
and what os are you running?

Do you want to use windows drivers or the linux drivers?

some checks, post them back.
the output of.
net -S PDC -U root%PASSWORD rpc rights list "DOMAINNAME\Administrator" ( of root if you dont have administrator )
you should see at least  SePrintOperatorPrivilege
read http://lists.samba.org/archive/samba/2005-December/114817.html
Point 6 and the part just above point 6.

and, whats the output of lpstat -a

this is 1 the my /etc/printcap entries.

     HP040|Hostname|Description Printer HP 040:\
             :lp=192.168.249.40%9100:\
             :rp=Hostname:\
             :sd=/var/spool/lpd/040:\
             :sh:

make sure the hostname resolves, else use ip.
set this up with the cups wizard, for the windows spooler choose RAW queue.

and the last thing,
is in /etc/cups/cupsd.conf
this part,  ( the Allow from all part is what you need. )
<Location /printers>
 AuthType None
 Order Deny,Allow
 Deny From None