[Samba] Desperate plea for help with printer share

Mark LaPierre marklapier at aol.com
Tue Apr 2 20:46:16 MDT 2013

On 04/02/2013 09:38 PM, David Kuntadi wrote:

> On Sun, Mar 31, 2013 at 7:38 AM, Mark LaPierre <marklapier at aol.com
> <mailto:marklapier at aol.com>> wrote:
>  >
>  > Hey Y'all,
>  >
>  > I've been trying for months to get samba to share my printer with my
> wife's Win XP machine.  I've RTFM, and spent hours on google to no avail.
>  >

> If only to share to one computer, how about trying to use IPP printing
> instead?
>
> http://<hostname>:631/printers/<printername>
>
> So far for me it is the easiest way to share printer to windows.
>

> DK

Hey Dave,

Thank you for the interesting proposal.  If all I had share to the
Windows machine was the printer I would consider doing that but as have
to share some files too then Samba is probably my best solution.

I've received some help on my issue from others on this thread.  The
Windows machine can now send print jobs to the shared printer but is
still unable to status the print queue.  I'm getting closer.

--
     _
    °v°